The Short-term Rehabilitation Unit (SNF) at the Knox Center is designed to comfortably accommodate up to 18 patients. Typically, patients on this unit are receiving either therapies for orthopedic surgeries or nursing care for complex medical illnesses as they transition from hospital to home.
We like to think of the Knox Center as just another home in our vibrant mid-coast community. Children play in a park across the street; the Rockland Public Library is located just around the corner; it's only a short walk to the ocean, and family homes line the nearby streets.
What makes the Knox Center special is that it is a place of caring and compassion -- for the residents, their families and the caregivers themselves.
Services offered at the Knox Center include:
- Nurses available 24 hours a day
- Full spectrum of therapies including occupational, physical and speech
- Alzheimer's care
- Hospice and respite care
- Social work services
- Full program of individual and group activities
- IV therapy
- Laundry service and all meals
- Cable television
- Internet service in patient rooms (bring your laptop)
- Internet service in common area (computer provided)
- Beauty parlor on premises
- Wheelchair accessible transportation
This service is offered by the following organizations: